A Guide on New Hampshire Foreign Corporation Registration

new hampshire certificate of authority
new Hampshire certificate of authority

New Hampshire certificate of authority

If you want to establish your business in New Hampshire, you are at the right place. Keep reading to find five essential tips on how to start the registration process and how to avoid unwanted problems in the process. 

1. Registration Fees

The fees required for New Hampshire foreign corporation registration are super affordable. You have to pay a flat fee of $100 for the normal processing fee of your application. This fee of $100 also includes the SRA fee that you need to pay when establishing your company. 

It’s not required that you file your application in person. If you want to save time, you can easily file your application online. However, for online filing, you will have to pay an extra $2. Through LegalRegistration.com, you can form an LLC in no time.

The good thing about New Hampshire business law is that you only have to pay $25 to establish a nonprofit organization. In case you want to receive the physical copy of your verification certificate, you will have to pay an additional fee of $5. 

2. Registration Time Frame

The New Hampshire foreign corporation registration process doesn’t take a lot of time to complete. If you choose the route of the normal processing of your application, you will only have to wait for 2 working days. Keep in mind that the time required for mailing is not included in the processing time of your application. 

However, if you don’t want to waste the time required for the processing of your mail, it’s better for you to visit the office in person. The time required for in-person verification of your application is only 1 business day. However, you will have to pay an additional fee if you visit the office in person for the registration process. Please give LegalRegistration.com a phone call if you need more information.

You can also avail of the Expedited Processing of your application if you visit the office in person. 

3. Necessary Documents

You need to attach some documents to your New Hampshire foreign corporation registration application to get your business registered. The documents required are:

  • Certificate of Authority form
  • Certificate of Existence
  • SRA Form 

Other than these forms, you also have to pay the processing fees mentioned above. The process mentioned above is necessary for LLCs and other for-profit companies. However, if you are going to establish a nonprofit organization, all you need to do is to provide your Certificate of Existence along with the fee mentioned above.  

4. Importance of an Agent

When filing your application for the New Hampshire certificate of authority, it’s better for you to get help from a skilled agent. Working with the agent makes it so much easier for you to go through the registration process. 

Finding an agent doesn’t only help you with the registration process, but it can also allow you to free yourself from business problems in the future. An agent can keep you updated about the steps you need to take to keep your business running. Make sure you set some time aside to find an agent you can trust. For additional information What services do we provide? 

5. Additional Information

There is some additional information you need to know when completing your New Hampshire foreign corporation registration process. For example, a New Hampshire registered agent service is not necessarily required to fill out your application. 

You also have to put the original signatures on your form. It’s not necessary to fill and submit Form 1 either. 

6. The consequences of not registering

The negative Consequences of not registering a foreign corporation in New Hampshire are that if you choose to register your business entity in another state, New Hampshire will not let you do business in their state. You will not be able to open an account at a local bank. For additional information Category.

You will not be able to register your vehicle in New Hampshire. If you are a foreign corporation and wish to register for a domestic New Hampshire corporation, you must dissolve your current foreign corporation. 

However, if you choose not to register your business in New Hampshire, you can do business in another state without registering your business there. New Hampshire foreign corporation registration is required when corporations are formed in states other than New Hampshire, and they wish to conduct business in New Hampshire. 

Domestically-formed corporations must register to conduct business in New Hampshire. Foreign corporations may also be required to register in New Hampshire depending upon the activities to be undertaken in New Hampshire.

7. See if your name is legal in New Hampshire

Are you moving from out of state and setting up a business in New Hampshire? If so, you might be wondering if you are able to use your business name. The good news is that you can use your own name. It doesn’t matter if you are moving from Maine, Canada, or China.  Additional information Business Licensing.

You can use your own name. The first step in the process of registering a foreign corporation in New Hampshire is to see if your business name is available. If you are unsure whether your business name is available, you can use the New Hampshire business naming checker to find out.

8. Obtain your business licenses and permits

You need to obtain your business licenses and permits before you register your corporation. Business licenses and permits in New Hampshire are required for both sole proprietors and for corporations.

The state of New Hampshire also requires an annual report to be filed with the Secretary of State’s office. This report is due by April 15 of every year. 

A copy of this report is also submitted to the State Tax Department for any corporation that is required to pay a franchise tax. A corporation is required to have a registered agent in New Hampshire. A registered agent is a person or business that agrees to accept legal documents on behalf of the corporation. The registered agent must have a physical address within the state of New Hampshire. Get more information on Legal Registration Archives.


9. Obtain an EIN 

The IRS will issue an employer identification number (EIN) to any business that is not incorporated. To obtain an EIN, a business must complete IRS Form SS-4 and submit it to the IRS. Please contact the LegalRegistration.com team if you have any questions.

An EIN, or Employer Identification Number, is a tax ID number that is required to open a bank account, apply for a local business license and register a foreign corporation. It is a nine-digit number that is issued by the IRS and is usually used in place of a Social Security Number.